Our Vision and Objectives
Our vision is to.... make Thames Gateway Kent the place to be.
North Kent will be recognised as…
- An area of exciting towns and cities complemented by an outstanding natural environment, providing an exemplar of urban regeneration.
- A thriving business centre attracting leading investors and businesses through its diverse and skilled workforce, high-quality commercial sites and local services, and accessibility to transport links and strategic routes to UK and Continental markets.
- An area of strong, integrated communities with harmony between new and existing businesses and residents – where the benefits of development and investment are shared by the whole community.
- A vibrant cultural hub with a thriving social scene and civic pride– attracting a growing student population, bringing youth and vigour to the community.
To achieve our vision, the partnership has set out 10 long-term economic objectives for North Kent.
- Raise Gross Value Added (GVA) productivity per head in North Kent to that of the average for the greater south east of England.
- Support the creation of at least 58,000 jobs between 2006 and 2026, particularly those in high value sectors.
- Attract and grow the number of knowledge based companies in North Kent’s economy.
- Improve the skills of North Kent’s workforce and tackle unemployment.
- Increase the rate of new business start-ups.
- Maximise the economic benefits of our universities by strengthening the links with industry and retaining more graduates in the area.
- Attract and retain investment in our priority employment locations, ensuring the development of new employment sites and provision of high-quality, marketable business premises.
- Continue to lobby government for the necessary investment in transport and infrastructure, to assist sustainable economic growth across North Kent.
- Support the delivery of up to 52,000 new homes, between 2006 and 2026.
- Ensure that all new development is of the highest possible quality